The live parental control feature allows you to block the adult content or malicious websites from opening on the network. To setup the live parental controls on your Netgear router, go through the following:
- Open the Netgear genie setup guide app on your computer which is connected to the Netgear router.
- Open ‘Parental controls’.
- If you are logged into the router, then you need to enter the username and password.
- The default username and password is ‘Admin’ and ‘Password’.
- Tap ‘Next’ to go to the next step.
- The parental control live setup screen will display.
- Select ‘Yes’ if there is an Open DNS account.
- If you don’t want to create an Open DNS account, then click on ‘I don’t need DNS’.
- Complete the fields to create an Open DNS account.
- Select ‘Filtering level’ and ‘Next’.
- Filtering is active now.
- Go to ‘Status window’ and press ‘Change custom settings’.
- If you are using the Netgear extender, then the link to setup the parental controls is Netgear genie WiFi extender.
- Click on ‘Add bypass account’. This is optional.
- With a bypass account, you can browse the internet without enabling the filtering level on the login device. Only login devices with bypass account can browse the internet with no filtering.
Note: Netgear genie app should be installed on every computer, iPhone or iPad device.
- Enter the username and password for creating a bypass account. Enter ‘Add an account’ menu.
- Select the filtering level for the bypass account.
- Tap ‘Save filtering level’.
- If you want to schedule or add a time block for filtering, then you can do so. This is an optional choice.
- From the Netgear Genie app status window, you can click on ‘Bypass login’. This is what you created just now.
- Enter the password to login.
After implementing the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to apply live parental controls on your Netgear router using Genie. If you need additional help or support, contact technical experts. You can call us on our toll free number and get the required help.